Friday, March 12, 2021

dead ends



trusted you to catch my eye

and at least return the stare

i dropped you a line or ten

now i don't even care


i thought i was something to you

just a fool without a clue once again

thought that time had changed me

'stead i found another's dying end


turn the page 

burn the page

grit my teeth

burning rage


inside your world i died

i'll wake up to change

another night i sit, unfocused eyes 

trying to cause you pain


these words soon fade away

husks discarded left to rot

without context it's just another day

without direction an unconnected dot


i thought i could touch your life

pull you in and share the light

i waited not hoping to be misled

instead another path now dead


you claimed to be so smart

why would you need to make a fool out of me

ignore me as i adore you

destroy me as i give in to fatigue

No comments:

Post a Comment